Re: reading linux from MacOs

Phil Fraering <pgf@globalreach.net> writes:

>> > PS: I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with that dpkg
>> > problem I'm having. It won't let me purge the packages, it won't
>> > let me install new ones, it just tells me it can't lock a certain
>> > file or directory or whatever and refuses to do anything.
>>
>> Are you running it with superuser (i.e. root) privileges?
>
> Yes, I am. Would you like to see the error messages?

I think it would be better if you posted them to the list, as I can't
guarantee I'll have time to look at them.  Also, there are certainly
people there who know more about apt/dpkg than I do.

> It's something that happened because of a crash I had while running
> apt.

Well, if the logs aren't enormous or anything, just post them to the
list, and hopefully someone will be able to answer.  If it's not
PowerPC specific (and it probably isn't), posting to debian-user might
be a good idea too.