Re: [RFC] Proposed transition plan for adb -> linux keycodes

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 02:59:03PM +0200, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> >This is all still a bit rough, I am looking for comments and
> >suggestions on how to proceed.  I want this transition to occur for
> >woody so it needs to start ASAP.
>
> Additional maps are needed as, even with linux keycodes, PC keymaps
> won't be ok for a lot of international Mac keyboards. Apple tend to
> use a different layout.

are there any maps available anywhere?  from what i have heard the
other distros have already, or will shortly switch to linux keycodes,
are they simply ignoring locale != US or do they know about some new
i386 keymaps for Apple keyboards?

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/