Re: booting from CD on Ti PowerBook

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 06:14:22PM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> [ no need to CC me; I am subscribed to the list ]
>
> Wilhelm Fitzpatrick <rafial@well.com> writes:
>
> > > So, I get into OpenFirmware, and then I try using "boot cd:", but
> > > that fails with:
> >
> > boot cd:\\yaboot
>
> Maybe a note about how to boot from CD using OF could be added to the
> installation guide (section 6.4)?  Simply placing the CD in the drive

its not needed.

> didn't work for me...

because this machine is too new and the bootscript on it is broken.
(it used a static list of machines names instead of a generic string
that includes all neworlds unconditionally)  pototo r3 CDs will boot
on this machine by holding down the C key like any MacOS CD does.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/