Re: 3-way boot? (was: OF reset ?)

> note you should install MacOSX on UFS and not HFS+ since you can mount
> UFS filesystems readonly in linux and MacOS will render HFS+ OSX
> installs unbootable every time.  create your linux placeholder first,
> OSX UFS second, and macos last.  then boot the debian installer delete
> the first placeholder partition create the 800K Apple_Bootstrap and
> linux partitions, install debian, then install osx, (reset OF after so
> the boot-device will be set back to debian)  then macos.

Okay, so I now have Debian installed on a 2G parition, followed by a 5GB
Apple_UFS partition (created by Disk Setup) followed by a HFS+ partition
with Classic MacOS installed.  When I boot the MacOS X installer off the
CD, it only offers me the Classic parition to install on, ignoring the 5GB
of space reserved for it.  Should I have *not* marked the space for OS X
as Apple_UFS?  Do I need to start over and repartition at this point?  Or
is there some way to get the OSX installer to notice the empty partition?

In positive news, I discovered that running the MacOS X installer from
classic MacOS caused my yboot menu to disappear, but when I held down
option at book, I got a nice graphical menu that included a little hard
drive with a penguin, which, when selected, gets you back to yaboot.

Was apple nice enough to make the OSX boot menu understand Linux?  Or is
yaboot so clever that it can insert itself in the mix?  Either way, its
cool ;)

-raf