Re: dist-upgrade

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 03:10:10PM +0100, Olaf Grewe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> up to now, I'm quite fine with stable, so my /etc/apt/sources.list reads
>
> deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
> deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
> deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free
>
> For various urges, I'd like to do a dist-upgrade to testing, but
> postings on this list indicates, that testing is broken for powerpc.
>
> So I changed my sources.list to read
>
> deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian sid main contrib non-free
> deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US sid/non-US main contrib non-free
> deb http://security.debian.org sid/updates main contrib non-free
>
> but then I got errors on accessing http://security.debian.org.
>
> Are there no security-updates jet available for sid, or is it just
> me, being wrong?

security-updates only exists for stable, not testing and not unstable/sid.

That said, i guess there is no need for it, since security fixes will go into
sid directly, and into testing also, altough maybe a day later or so, while
stable cannot be changed and thus security fixes need to go to a special
place, namely security-updates.

Friendly,

Svne Luther