Re: RS6000 40p installation problem

On Dec 15, Michael Spanier <michael.spanier@abh.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

 >I'm trying to install debian on a RS/6000 40p. When i insert the disk created
 >from boot.bin, it only loads something from the disk, removes the iconbar
 >from the startup and the screen shows "Power PC" (The same as during start
 >up).
The CHRP boot disk is broken and can't work in any form or shape.
Download the kernel from
http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/faq_rs6k.shtml and use it to load
the debian root.bin disk with a command line like:

boot floppy:,zimage root=/dev/fd0 load_ramdisk=1

(Then, I suggest you download and compile the 2.4 stable bitkeeper tree
from IBM. Look at their linux/PPC page.)

--
ciao,
Marco