Re: Kernel ... selfmade ones ...

 Use my kernel at this address:

 http://www.dcs.qmw.ac.uk/~sb/PowerBook.html

 The docs refer to the previous version, but if you click on the
 links you will get the new one. Install the new input layer as
 explained by Ethan a few messages ago, using mknod.

 XF4 has a Pismo config file in linuxppc.org/usr/xf4, or
somewhere in a link therein.

I am stuck with XF4 on Lombard...

Enjoy
Sergio