Re: is ati 64 supported in woody XF4 ?

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Igor Falcomata' wrote:

> when i try to use "ati" as video driver, the machine crashes hardly (no
> alt+ctrl+backspace, no alt+ctrl+fn, not reachable via net, etc. need to
> reboot with c+meta+power)
>
> is my ati card supported in this package and i'm just missing something or
> should i try to use Ani Joshi xfree86-pmac tree as from
> http://penguinppc.org/usr/xf4/ ?

I would say its currently not supported.  I experienced the same results
here, with a 6500/250 with an Mach64 (ATI GT) chip.  Its detected properly
by XF4 and I can even create a XF86Config file with XFree86 -configure but
Radeon chips.  I'm not sure if its bailing before it gets to the Mach64
support or if the support isn't in there at all but I've just dropped back
to using fbdev, which works ok, albeit unaccelarated.

I tried to do some debugging of it this morning but the crashes kept
wiping out the debugging output on reboot so I just switched back to
fbdev.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer