Re: floppy low-level format

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 07:14:12AM -0900, Ethan Benson wrote:

> yup looks broken, but just to be sure, you are a member of group
> floppy right? (so you have read-write permission to /dev/fd0)

Right.

> > willing to do more tests.  But I would appreciate advice on how to get
> > around the ejection problem without rebooting.
>
> use clippy

Probably I'm missing some context here.  On being stabbed with a bent
piece of wire, the machine pukes the diskette; but messages such as

	/dev/fd0: Device or resource busy

occur when I try to do anything with the drive.  There is empty input
from `fuser /floppy' and `fuser /dev/fd0', and I don't see any
suspects from `ls -R /var' or `ps ax'.

--
John (MacPhail) .. .. .. .. .. .. References: \ & (Perl, C/C++)