Re: cursing my yboot'd Lombard

On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 05:10:17PM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > Hi, all.  I just set up yaboot to boot instead of BootX.  I rebooted, and
> > notice that the cursor is black.  The kernel is 2.2.17 out of woody on a
> > Lombard (1999 G3 333MHz PowerBook).
>
> Happens sometime, for reasons yet unknown. What seems to happen is
> that the cursor changes color to black. Feel free to look up where
> the cursor color gets set, and pepper the fbcon code with printk to find
> where it goes wrong.

Wouldn't that mean it's a yaboot problem, then?  Of course, the kernel
should do all it can, but if the loader makes a tremendous difference....

Does anyone have a yaboot'ing Lombard that _does_ have a nonblack cursor.
Does the ``happens sometimes'' mean that it doesn't happen sometimes?

It's awfully hard to code this way.  :(

						- chad

--
Chad Miller <cmiller@surfsouth.com>   URL: http://web.chad.org/   (GPG)
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced".