Re: yaboot dual boot problems

Ethan wrote:

> this is ybin 0.16, 0.16 sucks ;-)
>
> install 0.21, you can get a deb from http://them.org/~drow/debian

There was a routing problem between us and them.org (and I was
impatient to try your suggestion) so I grabbed the tarball for
ybin 0.21 off of alaska.net.  Since I wasn't using the deb, I
didn't have to worry about the .sh extension on the ofboot.b file.

Other than that, the yaboot.conf file is exactly as you suggested:

---------------------------------
device=hd:
delay=5
timeout=50
magicboot=/boot/ofboot.b
boot=/dev/hda5
install=/boot/yaboot
macos=/dev/hda8

image=/vmlinux
        label=linux
        root=/dev/hda7
        partition=7
        read-only
---------------------------------

When installed with mkofboot or ybin, everything appears to go
fine, with the exception of a warning about nvsetenv being an
incompatible version.

Upon reboot, all I get is the flashing question-mark-on-a-folder
after a pause.  I tried explicitly going into OF and setting
    setenv boot-device hd:5,\\:tbxi

then
    boot

But it complains:
   can't OPEN: hd:5,yaboot

I tried this with the 0.6 yaboot that I was using before, and with
the 0.7 binary that came in ybin-0.21.tar.gz, with the same result
each time.

P.S.  I'm really appreciating the netboot mini-howto, by the way.
It's a nice safety-net to have that set up.