Re: Samba on PPC

Brendan Simon <brendan.simon@ctam.com.au> writes:

> Does Samba work on Linux/PPC machines.
> I've done an "apt-get install samba" but I can't get it going.
> /etc/init.d/samba start doesn't seem to help.
> Doing a "ps aux | grep smb" yields no processes.  I expect to see smbd
> and nmbd but nothing appears.  Is Samba ported for the PPC linux machines ?

To be honest with you, I can't remember if I've tested samba since I
switched to debian, but it used to run fine under linuxppc.  Check
your /etc/samba/debian_config.  It's probably running out of inetd, so
you won't see it in ps unless there's a connection.  If you're having
trouble connecting, I recommend going to the samba website and looking
at their troubleshooting instructions.  They're quite good and will
lead you right to the problem at hand.

Good luck,

cbb