Re: Unidentified subject!

On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 02:59:25AM -0500, J-ble wrote:
> I need to install debian/ppc on a powermac 8500/200 with 256MB and a blank
> 2G disk... but i have no macos install media.
>
> I have openbsd and winnt machines here: obsd-sparc(floppy),
> obsd-i386(floppy), winnt-i386(floppy, cd burner).
>
> Can i make a floppy or cd with any of those that i can then use to boot
> the mac and do an ftp install?

hmm i would say dd a miboot floppy on the BSD boxen and see if the mac
will boot that, im not sure if floppy based compressed ramdisks work
on ppc kernels or not, if they do then it should bootstrap very much
like an intel box, boot the miboot floppy should load the kernel which
should ask for a ramdisk, once it loads that you can install the base
system over NFS (assuming linux NFS likes BSD nfs...)

--
Ethan Benson