Re: Is the Debian 2.2 PPC CD 1 bootable?

John Winters wrote:
[snip]
> Thank you.  Progress!  That gets Debian booted but it seems to have
> trouble finding the keyboard (at least I assume that's the problem).  It
> is of course a USB keyboard.

Solved that one - the boot sequence didn't seem to like me having a USB
Zip drive plugged in.  With it there the keyboard wouldn't work.

I've now got as far as partitioning.  The partitioning instructions say
I need to create a small partition of type Apple_bootstrap before the
MacOS partition.  The trouble is that although MacOS claims to have
initialised the disc with one partition, mac-fdisk shows there being
10.  Where does the new little partition go relative to all these?  One
of the partitions says it is also the partition map.

Is the following sensible:

1) Delete all the existing partitions (except perhaps partition 1 - the
partition map)
2) Create Apple_Bootstrap partition from mac-fdisk
3) Use Apple recovery CD to create "1" HFS partition taking up part of
the hard disc
4) Restart the Debian installation process.

?

TIA,
John

--
John Winters.  Wallingford, Oxon, England.

The Linux Emporium - the source for Linux CDs in the UK
See http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/