Re: How do I use those PowerMac images-1.44?

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 09:03:49PM -0500, Chris Ivanovich wrote:
> >cds are only bootable on newworld.
>
> Rats.  I missed the new world ROMs by a month...  I have a 300MHz
> Powerbook G3.  It's a good machine, too...

miboot floppy should work fine (if you have a floppy drive anyway)

if someone wants to write a macos style CDROM driver and release it
under a Free licence (GPL, BSD etc) then a oldworld debian bootable CD
could be possible.

really the driver itself should be the bootloader for the CD, since it
needs to support iso9660 (or at the very least hybrid ISO9660/HFS)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/