[Fwd: Mac-On-Linux - elf32_getehdr failed]

--
Kent West
kent.west@infotech.acu.edu
Adrian Rutledge wrote:

> and the problem with that is you put it in rom.nw, hence MacOL thinks its
> a NewWorld ROM, which seems to be a flavour of ELF.  (manually boot Classic
> MacOS from OF, and it'll say "Loading ELF..." real quick, on a NewWorld,
> or coloured machine.)  Anyway, you've got an OldWorld system, that ROM dump
> was an OldWorld ROM, so you need to hack the config files.
>
> /-------------------------------------------------\
> |                 Adrian Rutledge                 |
> \  Yosemite G3, 10GB and 6GB IDE HDs, 256MB RAM   /
>  \       400MHz PPC750.  MacOS9 and MacOSX       /
>   -----------------------------------------------

Wow! Makin' progress. I editted the /etc/molrc file and set the
"newworld_boot:" option to "no", then renamed my
/usr/lib/mol/rom/rom.nw to rom.8500. Now when I do a "startmol" I
get a lot of activity, a typical Macintosh startup sound, and
then a black screen. However, this may be related to my inability
to start X from xdm, as I just remembered that I had to blindly
type at the console an "fbset 640x480-60" to overcome an "Out of
ScanRange" monitor message when switching to a text console. So
I'll try to fix my scan range problem, then try startmol again.

Thanks for the help. It looks like this might actually work
pretty soon. Cool!

--
Kent West
kent.west@infotech.acu.edu