Re: Debian/PPC

mk270@cam.ac.uk said:
> Sure. I was just mentioning it in case someone decided more CPU juice
> *were* needed (whereupon I'd get some more machines or at least some
> more RAM)

> BTW, how easy is cross-compiling packages?

cross-compiling, or recompiling (ie, making PPC packages on x86 or making PPC
packages on PPC).

recompiling is really easy when it works (which is most of the time)

apt-get source --build package

Then do something with the resulting .deb

cross-compiling I don't know, and recompiles _can_ be harder if the package
runs into trouble. But most don't.