Re: request

On Mon, Jan 25, 1999 at 02:39:56AM +0200, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:

> Today I tried to create ACE binary debs for ppc, since there was none, and
> I want to start learning it.
> As it is, I found two bugs while building it, a configuration one that was
> easy to fix -I have talked to the maintainer about a fix and there will
> soon be one. And a second one that is not actually a bug of ACE, rather
> -guess- an egcs one. I tried to do some bug hunting again, but this time
> the file is -after preprocessing- around 50000 lines of c++ code, not my
> idea of spending my day if you know what I mean.
> Dan, as I have a -high?- hope that this bug might be fixed in the next
> egcs release, could it be possible to make some egcs 1.2pre snapshot
> available so that at least I don't spend my time trying to find a bug that
> is fixed?
> I hope I am not asking too much, but if it is possible, I would greatly
> appreciate it...

I've been trying for days.  A major set of bugs just got fixed, but on
a related note, mainline egcs does not compile at all.  I'm hoping that
will change fairly soon.

> PS. I am about to apply for a developer, would a scanned passport for
> authentication (according to the docs it probably does, I am just
> doublechecking).

Yes, it would.  But ask new-maintainer.

Dan

|       Daniel Jacobowitz        |__|     CMU, CS class of 2002      |
|   Debian GNU/Linux Developer    __   Part-Time Systems Programmer  |
|         dan@debian.org         |  |        drow@cs.cmu.edu         |