Re: X startup hang

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Sven LUTHER wrote:

> it is possible that this is fbdev related, michel, did it work for you ?

It probably is, I had the same problem some time ago with Geert's
experimental server, but I thought it was my probem.

the one I am using now that is the most stable I ever had, is the one from
ftp.degian.org 3.3.2.3-1. But that one has not MIT Shared Memory Extension
builtin, or it has problems with (some programs don't even work on this
server).

Geert, is there any way I can systematically test this and find out a
possible cause/cure?

> are you using the 3.3.3.1-0.1 or the 3.3.3.1-0.2 versions ?

0.2

> i am in the process of building a 3.3.3.1-0.3 version, perhaps it will be
> better.

> konstantinos, could you try to put the keyword "noaccel" somewhere in the
> XF86Config, this should disable all the accel stuff.

There is no reason, I am using builtin video mode (valkyrie, it sucks,
only 1MB video ram) and it has no accelaration.

Konstantinos Margaritis
kmargar@cc.uoa.gr