Re: glib 1.1.12, gtk1.1.12 for debian/ppc

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 13, 1999 at 03:59:17PM +0200, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> >
> > > What are you doing to egcs 1.1.1, out of curiousity?  And is there
> > > really no 1.1.1 in the archive yet for powerpc?  If there is, my
> > > apologies; I've gotten very behind lately.  I'll try to update my local
> > > source tree.
> >
> > well, seeing that it is not there -as a ppc package I mean- I wanted to
> > try out why. It fails to build with no errors, and stops at a configure in
> > gcc/p/rts!! I overcame this -a quick hack- but then it fails at comparing
> > stage2 & stage3 compilers at calls.o. I need to give it a second closer
> > look. Tell me if you need details.

On what machine and using what kernel did you have those problems? I
downloaded the 1.1.1 release source, and it built w/o problems on my 603e
Amiga.

> If there is a compiler error in compare, something is SERIOUSLY wrong.
> If something is seriously wrong with egcs 1.1.1 on powerpc, I will not
> fix it.  I'll upload a snapshot of pre-1.2 instead.  Those are
> extroardinarily improved over our last batch of compiler troubles...

Goody :)
Seems like 1.1.1 didn't fix (m)any bugs in 1.1.1-pre; at least qt-1.42 is
working now - without optimizations...

Michel

--
Why drink & drive when you can smoke and fly?
Michel Daenzer			          ///	        mdaenzer@earthling.net