Re: glib 1.1.12, gtk1.1.12 for debian/ppc

On Sun, Jan 10, 1999 at 04:38:18PM +0200, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Jan 1999, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
>
> > You noticed there how much time is involved in being a developer.  Add
> > that in to how few developers have powerpcs and how busy we are outside
> > of the project.  I'm not offended, but it's not going to make me more
> > active, either.  Also, the past month or so is a slow time for Debian -
> > lots of vacations.
>
> Still you didn't answer my main question. Suppose I can help in some way,
> esp. with ports, until I find time to become a proper developer, is there
> an organized list of ports to be done, and some way to get them to the
> right places?

There is no way for you to upload them.  However, I would appreciate it
if you could make a patch against the original broken debian source,
and send it to the list.  Also, use 'bug' to file a bug on that
package.

> > Alas, essentially, you can't.  Just keep prodding until developers get
> > around to them.  I'm back at my machine now, I may be able to.
>
> Let me get this right, unless I keep pissing everyone in the list off
> about every new port, there is no other way for me to contribute what I
> can? Seems to me that it should be easier for someone to offer his
> voluntary help, considering that there are so few ppc developers.

See above.  Sorry for the tone of my last message.  The last few days
have been hell.

Dan

|       Daniel Jacobowitz        |__|     CMU, CS class of 2002      |
|   Debian GNU/Linux Developer    __   Part-Time Systems Programmer  |
|         dan@debian.org         |  |        drow@cs.cmu.edu         |