Re: problems compiling kernel, ...

On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 12:19:51PM +0100, Jesper Skov wrote:
> Sven> Michel lets bug Jes for a new m68k stable release, and take the
> Sven> stable kernel over from Jesper, What do you think about it ?
>
> Bugging may not be enough. Never gave anyone more time ;\

Sure, i put it more nicely, ...

> Sven> Jesper, i volunteer for taking over the apus 2.2 tree, but i am
> Sven> not sure if i can do the same for the m68k side. I will write on
> Sven> the linux-m68k list about this.
>
> Nice. We should be able to handle it with uploading at incoming at
> SunSITE. If you want more control over the releases we may have to
> find another site. I have an open invitation from the LinuxPPC gang,
> but I'd like to see if we can keep it at SunSITE.

No, sunsite will be fine.

I am working on debian boot-floppies for apus (actually there are not
floppies, but the stuff needed to install), but since i was not able to
produce a proper kernel, i hand-packaged one of yours. Do you know what the

arch/ppc/kernel/head.o(.text+0x0): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_ADDR32
__start

message is all about ? Should i ask on the gcc mailing list ?

There is a __start symbol in head.o, or at least that is what nm says to me.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER