Re: Debian PowerPC CD?

Joe,

With a minimal MkLinux install, at least you can start with something
that works (more or less) on nubus.  And then I think you'll find the
mklinux-setup mailing list friendly towards your wish to move from rpm
to apt and dpkg.  Admittedly the upcoming release of MkLinux is
RedHat-based, but there have been encouraging signs of interest in
moving it toward Debian.  (And those signs existed even before Redhat
went public.)  In fact, the MkLinux release is supposed to come out in
a matter of weeks, and I suggest that moving toward Debian should then
become top priority for the MkLinux Developers Association.  I really
only speak for myself, but I sort of expect to find some agreement....

John

--
John MacPhail                   grad student at U.Waterloo
jrmacphail@math.uwaterloo.ca          sneaker net  MC5136A