Re: Debian PowerPC CD?

Joel Klecker wrote:
> Debian/powerpc is not gonna support nubus machines (as that machine
> is) until after potato, I'm afraid. Those machines are presently only
> supported by the mklinux kernel and we don't have that packaged.

What if I use alien to convert the mklinux kernel to a deb?  Or am I
just better off using mklinux for a while?

Alternatively, could I do a minimal mklinux install, boot off a rescue
disk, tar up the kernel, untar the base.tgz over the mklinux partition,
then untar the mklinux kernel?

I don't really want to go to a rh based system - apt and dpkg have me
pretty spoiled.

jpb
--
Joe Block <jpb@creol.ucf.edu>
CREOL System Administrator

Social graces are the packet headers of everyday life.