Re: MOL works on PB3400

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, Mike James wrote:

->MOL on PB3400 confirmed:
->
->Mac-on-Linux (mol-0.9.21) boots Mac OS 8.6 from an HFS partition on a
->PowerBook 3400 (603e) running Debian potato. (No, I haven't confirmed
->that it works under LinuxPPC ...

Just checked out 0.9.22 with LinuxPPC, and it boots great with a 2.2.12
kernel, unpatched !!  Sam - tremendous job ;-) !!

Just to add details - this is on a 7500 (though in MOL under the System
Profiler, it shows up as a 7300/7350 WGS) and speed seems to be
comparable to MacOS running natively (but I guess that was the whole
point ;-) and the OS version is 7.6.1  I did not do a whole lot of
checking, but as I said, System Profiler seemed to work okay and detect
everything (software wise, not hardware though) and Claris seemed okay
as well ...  (Opened up a spreadsheet okay ...)

Again Sam, great piece of work !  My (and I am sure many others) thanks
to you.

cheers
vinai