Re: i'm in trouble

On Sun, 24 Oct 1999 koptein@master.debian.org wrote:
> i've currently some problems
>
>  - tervola (the autobuilder) isn't online
>
> I installed the autobuilder on my own system, but after the hacker meeting
> my computer was down and the harddisk of my laptop died also :-(

:-(

> The problem is, that i have no good kernel versions for my chrp box, the
> one i use now has a bad bogomips value (half of the real value) and so the
> clock and some other programs doesn't work (one of the biggest problem is,
> that it doesn't resolve) and all newer versions of the kernel aren't
> compileable (2.3.x) or doesn't start (2.2.x).
>
> Geert: could you put a working one into your ~bin directory (with ppp support)?

Done (kernel, modules, System.map, .config):

http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~geert/bin/longtrail-2.3.18-vger-19991018.tar.gz

Some modules don't load (missing symbols, to be fixed soon), but nothing
critical that prevents me from using my box (sound is not critical :-).

Good luck!

Greetings,
--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP} -- geert@linux-m68k.org