I got into the installer and...

Well, (partial) success!

The new "pmacinstall-xx-.tar.gz-powerpc" helped alot. I now managed to get into the installer, configure keyboard, select swap and root partitions, and write a filesystem to my target root partition. But, when it came to installe the Kernel (and modules) I ran into trouble.
I assumed I should use the kernel (and modules.tgz) that are all in the new "pmacinstall" file that I fetched. So I made that availible (both mounting the partition they were on, and writing resc1440.bin and root.bin to /dev/fd0), but now strange stuff happened.

When I entered the path to where the stuff was (in this case /mounted_mac_hd/powermac/) it seemed to find it, but it complained about /dev/loop0 not being a block device, and couldn't be mounted on /floppy . Makes no sense to me. When I tried to use the floppy... sorry, Then I tried to use the floppy I had written resc1440.bin on (cat resc1440.bin > /dev/fd0), but to no luck. It complained about not being able to mount the rescue disk, or something similar.

Has anyone gotten past this section, well, of course you have... but where do you think my fault is?

- Petter Sundlöf