Re: potato boot-floppies for powerpc uploaded

At 11:09 +0200 1999-10-20, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
There's a feature in BootX specially made for distribution CDs: You can
have the kernel, ramdisk and settings files just next to the BootX
application. This way, you can provide a double-clicable application
which launches with the correct default settings for the installer
(mostly "use ramdisk" and the ramdisk_size argument).

I'm aware of that, I just haven't set it up yet.

If you want to try the new BootX 1.2b1, there is also support for coff
images with embedded ramdisk. Those are also supported by miBoot so you
can make real boot floppies for pre-newworld machines. Once I have
finished with the iBook support, I'll try to fix quik so we can make
bootable CDs that boot both newworld and pre-newworld machines.

Unfortunately our root image and kernel together aren't small enough to fit on a floppy.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                 <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>