Re: potato boot-floppies for powerpc uploaded

On Mon, Oct 18, 1999 at 05:27:10PM +0300, Petter Sundlöf wrote:
> That sounds über-neato.
>
> Anyway, it does no good to me, because I have no idea how to utilize
> PC-style floppy booting. Do I need to play with bootvars?

Good question...I don't know, I'm not a Mac PowerPC person...yet. :)

>From what I've read, you don't need to play with bootvars to boot the
HFS boot image I've made.  I'd look at the LinuxPPC installation manual
and key off of that.  They give examples of boot commands for OF to boot
an HFS floppy.  I thought bootvars was just for hard drive boots.

Give me a couple weeks and I'll know more...I haven't seen many Mac people
around here interested in getting boot images working (as evidenced by
none contributing to powerpc boot-floppies devel).

--
Matt Porter
mmporter@home.com