Re: Request a powerpc compilation of libforms0.89

On Fri, Oct 15, 1999 at 12:39:17PM -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> [I don't subscribe to this list.  Please CC replies to me.]
>
> I just uploaded libforms0.89_0.89-2 to master's incoming.
> It's supposed to build on powerpc (it's the only non-i386 we
> currently have the non-source library for).
>
> Would someone mind downloading the source, trying it out (it's a
> drop-in replacement for libforms0.88), perhaps even try
> recompiling some simple XForms app with it (xcolmix for example),
> and uploading a binary powerpc package?

The source package has a couple of problems that I see already:

1) debian/control needs to have architecture=any instead of i386

2) The libforms-bin rule copies binaries from DESIGN which are only
   i386.  The DESIGN directory really should be laid out like the
   FORMS directory with arch-specific subdirs.  Another option would
   be to not provide libforms-bin is we can't have powerpc binaries
   of those tools but this is undesirable and should be fixed in the
   upstream package.

--
Matt Porter
mmporter@home.com