Re: New hwclock.sh for powerpc

On Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 06:24:14PM -0700, Joel Klecker wrote:
> I worked this script out to address the problem we have on powerpc
> with the different hardware clock programs.
> This should use `clock' on Power Macs and `hwclock' on CHRP.
> Please test it so I can add it to 'powerpc-utils' if it works.
>
> For those who care, my plan is to have powerpc-utils divert the
> hwclock.sh that util-linux installs.
>
> (I suggest renaming the old /etc/init.d/hwclock.sh out of the way
> before copying this one in its place.)

It would be nice also to simply disable this script in case an apus amiga model
is detected, since it will hang the machine (i can send you the corresponding
/proc/xxx file so that you can check for it, if you need).

Also notice that the above mentioned problem should be solved in the current
implementation of linux-util, but not yet in the debian version.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER