Re: Gtk1.2 colo_selection widget crashes X on planar amifb fbdev X server

On 09-Mär-99, Sven LUTHER wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 08, 1999 at 03:12:27PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
>>  If the X server crahses its an X server bug. X11 is required to send you an
>>  error for anything stupid you tell it to do
>>

> Signal 11 error ?

Signal 11 is a segmentation fault, so it's definitely a server bug.

> i guess it is a generalized problem, since gnome-panel crashes also, and
> strangely, it even crahses the server when i relaunch it a second time, after
> few seconds ... :(

Similar things happen to me with KDE. After some time, some apps don't start
anymore, and if I try to start them a second time, everything freezes. Well,
actually I guess just the server hangs. BTW is there any way in such a
situation to get back to the console?

Oh, and I almost forgot: This is on a BVision, not AGA.

I still don't trust the egcs we're using ATM and I suspect it's his/her fault.

Michel

-- Mark Twain

Michel Dänzer                             ///           mdaenzer@earthling.net
                                     __  ///         AmigaOS/Linux(Debian/PPC)
Student of computer science at the   \\\///   Team *AMIGA*      ICQ #: 5675698
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology \\\/               IRC: CoOpER / dALEb33