Re: Gtk1.2 colo_selection widget crashes X on planar amifb fbdev X server
- To: Alan Cox <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, devel@XFree86.Org, email@example.com, Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Gtk1.2 colo_selection widget crashes X on planar amifb fbdev X server
- From: Sven LUTHER <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 11:24:57 +0100
- Message-id: <19990309112457.A9334@maxime.u-strasbg.fr>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <199903081512.PAA23751@snowcrash.cymru.net>; from Alan Cox on Mon, Mar 08, 1999 at 03:12:27PM +0000
- References: <19990308102446.A1213@maxime.u-strasbg.fr> <199903081512.PAA23751@snowcrash.cymru.net>
On Mon, Mar 08, 1999 at 03:12:27PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > i have been noticing that the color_selection widget from gtk1.2 (but also
> > gtk1.1) is crashing my X server (XF68_FBDEV 126.96.36.199, on top of amifb).
> > I don't know if this is an X server bug, a bug in gtk1.2, not handling well
> > planar displays, or even a egcs bug when building gtk or the X server ...
> If the X server crahses its an X server bug. X11 is required to send you an
> error for anything stupid you tell it to do
Signal 11 error ?
i guess it is a generalized problem, since gnome-panel crashes also, and
strangely, it even crahses the server when i relaunch it a second time, after
few seconds ... :(
Kars de Jong tells me it is a afb planar bug triggered by shared memory
Who should i be in contact with to solve this, or to help me solve it myself ?