what this about a missing msdos printer module?

Working away towards solving my Deskwriter printer problem I have
noticed the following message on start up:

msdos printer modprobe: can't locate printer module

Strangely, this line is not recorded in the syslog or display with
dmesg.

Anyway, maybe this is the cause of my problem getting my 7500 PowerPC
to print to on a HP Deskwriter.  How do I reconfigure my system not
to encounter this module error.  Did I forget to create a module?
What's going on here?

I'm running a trimmed down kernel 2.2.18pre21.

--
c h @ d  @ l b e r s