Re: initscripts

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 12:46:24PM +0100, Damien GUIHAL wrote:
> But now i'd like toput this instructions into an initscript to have them been
> executed automatically... And I can't find any of the
> /etc/rc.d/rc.(sysconfig, ...) script that I  usually fond on my other
> Mandrake7.2/i386), is anyone can tell me if these bootscripts exists and
> where i can find them?

The acutal scripts are in /etc/init.d, and the runlevels are /etc/rcN.d
where N is the runlevel.

Create a custom script in /etc/init.d and read the manual page for
update-rc.d.  It's something like update-rc.d scirpt defaults or similar.

Make sure the script is executable, and look at the order of the other
scripts, and put it after networking if your program needs it...

Mike