Re: No Sound? was Re: Xpmac = no adbmouse?

At 1:58 AM +0200 8/18/2000, Michel Dänzer wrote:
If the device node is there, and sound still doesn't work, you probably need
to load the module. The line

alias sound-slot-0 dmasound

in /etc/modutils/aliases and then running 'update-modules; depmod -a' should
do the trick.

Thanks, this seems to do the trick..

however, when listening to some music with xmms, about halfway
through a 5 minute song the playback starts to get some static-y
noise in it, and by the end of the song it is pretty much impossible
to listen to with all the garbage in the sound. I have to quit and
reload xmms to fix this.

Ever heard of a problem like that? Is it related to my hardware, or
is xmms just broken?

Thanks,
Graeme
--
"It really is coming down to just Apple and IBM. If, for some reason,
we make some giant mistake and IBM wins, my personal feeling is that