New field Package-List in .dsc

Hello,

ftpmasters requested a new field in the .dsc files to ease their work.
I just implemented it and it will be part of dpkg 1.16.0.

This has been done on short notice so I wanted to inform policy people
so that you can review the discussions and the design in case anyone has
objections/suggestions before it's in wide-spread usage:
http://bugs.debian.org/619131

It looks like this:

Package-List:
 src:dpkg admin required
 dpkg admin required
 dpkg-dev utils optional
 libdpkg-dev libdevel optional
 libdpkg-perl perl optional
 udeb:dselect admin optional

(Here I just marked dselect as being an udeb for a test...)

The purpose is so that they can setup the overrides for all possible binary
packages as soon as they have reviewed the source package (i.e. and avoid NEW
for subsequent binary uploads introducing binary packages that they have not
yet seen).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer