Re: Should we allow packages to depend on packages with lower priority values?

Hi Marc,

> Today, it is trivial to build dependency-complete "Debian standard"
> CDs by including required, important and standard packages and
> following down the dependency chain.

I had to read the mail twice to understand your point :)

> I don't see other reasons behind the requirement, but am of course
> open to arguments. Did I overlook something?

Your dselect argument convinced me. Seems to me the proprity tag should only
inform on the priority of *the* package it's been put on. Computed priority
can be deduced from depencies and reverse-dependencies.

Raphael