Re: init.d scripts and LSB

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 01:16:09PM +1000, Craig Small wrote:
> Hello,
>   I have got bug #138251 which talks about the init.d script and how it
> is missing some nices things etc.
>
> Should Debian scripts be following the LSB and if so, why doesn't the
> policy either mention the LSB or have the same standards?
>
> This is more important for me as the dh-make maintainer as a lot of
> people use it to make their own packages so I like to get it right.

Debian is more than GNU/Linux. I see no reason why Debian GNU/Hurd and
Debian *BSD should follow the LSB. Debian GNU/Hurd is following the
GNU standards instead of the LSB. Debian *BSD won't follow the LSB
either, I think they are going to be similar as the existing BSDs.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org
Debian GNU supporter - http://www.debian.org http://www.gnu.org