Re: "Defaults for satisfying dependencies - ordering" gone?

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

>  seems to be missing from policy (it existed in the packaging manual).
>  Is this intentional?  The only similar paragraph I can find is:

APT 5 has recently begun using the highest priority (or installed) package
that satisfies the provides for cases without an OR since there are so
many now.

I'd rather that be the official mechanism so we can reduce the
number of dependency elemenets.

Jason