[btb@debian.org: Re: lintian and plugins, again]

I know this was just recently discussed, so I'll make it quick.  I have a
package just about ready to upload, but for the errors lintian gives,
because it uses .so plugins.  It puts them in it's own subdirectory, but
lintian still complains because policy doesn't define what is a shared
library and what is not.  Is there any objection to making this change to
policy?
In the meantime, I suppose I need an override.  Do overrides hae to be
pre-approved, or can I just add it to my package?

-brad