Re: Comments on Debian packages and installation

On Fri, Jan 15, 1999 at 02:37:30AM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
<snip>
> And, to put things in perspective: keeping track of those is trivial
> compared to the effort that would be involved in doing a complete rewrite
> of zip, to enable the use of that functionality as an official part
> of Debian.

I think gzip's compression code can handle .zips, but it lacks support
for comments, more then one file, etc, but considering that .zips are a
standard in the non-free world, perhaps we should start work on this?

Sadly I don't have the time (nor the experience) to take such a thing
on, but I'd love to see it happen..

(Though I'd suggest moving this to -devel here shortly)

Zephaniah E, Hull.

--
 PGP EA5198D1-Zephaniah E, Hull <warp@whitestar.soark.net>-GPG E65A7801
    Keys available at http://whitestar.soark.net/~warp/public_keys.