Re: PROPOSAL: Extrafiles (was Re: Conffiles...)

Hi,

	I have one point to add to this. Handling files not mentioned
 in the *.list file was one way of several packages to handle/edit a
 common file, for example, if a bunch of packages need /etc/foo to
 exist, and foo can contain the word bar or bah, then any package, in
 the postinst, finding that /etc/foo did not exist, can question the
 user and create the file (the other packages then accept it).

	I think this may be a useful thing to do. I do not think that
 extrafiles should abrogate this functionality; so I want to add a
 rider that files listed in extrafiles may have more than one owner.

	There fore dpkg --listfiles may return more than one hit.

	manoj
--
 "And it's so portable --- at least, it worked on every VAX that I
 tried it on." Tim McDaniel (mcdaniel@adi.com) 6 Sep 90,