Re: Shall I create a git.d.o/pkg-perl repo for a started, but then not needed packaging?

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 14:29:15 +0100, Axel Beckert wrote:

> So I wonder: Shall I push that packaging to git.d.o/pkg-perl anyway?
> Or would that cause more confusion than it would help if someone needs
> that package later?

Besides pkg-perl/packages/, we already have a pkg-perl/attic/ directory
for git repos of removed packages that might be needed again at some
later point, so having something like pkg-perl/prospectice/ (or
whatever) might be something similar for the kind of packages you
have in mind.

I guess it will be used as little as the repos in attic/ but who
knows :) At least it doesn't cause any harm except for a little disk
space. And I have also packages that I've created once where I
realized later then we don't need them now.

I only would prefer to keep them in a separate directory and not
under pkg-perl/packages/ to avoid confusion (and automatic updates
and mass-commits etc.).

   `-   BOFH excuse #389:  /dev/clue was linked to /dev/null