Re: [Debian Perl Group Policy] Proposal for the debian/copyright handling: Should follow copyright-format 1.0

On Thu, 05 Jul 2012 22:50:33 +0200, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:

> > > +Each package should have the copyright file F<debian/copyright> following the
> > > +copyright-format 1.0 as documented in
> > > +L<http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/> and which
> > > +was released together with Debian Policy 3.9.3.
> > Shall we add "... or newer", in order to allow ourselves to start
> > using a potential future 1.1 or 2.0 copyright format before we manage
> > to change our policy?

Or "the current version of Copyright-Format"?
Too bad there is either no unversioned URL or I don't find it. I'm
sure it was discussed ...
(If someone reminds me we could ask taffit later.)

> ----cut---------cut---------cut---------cut---------cut---------cut-----
> =head1 debian/copyright handling
>
> Each package should have the copyright file F<debian/copyright> following the
> copyright-format 1.0 or newer. copyright-format 1.0 as released together with
> Debian policy 3.9.3 is documented at
> L<http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/>.
>
> Respectively copyright-format X.Y can be found under
> L<http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/X.Y/>.
>
> ?

Sounds fine if there is no generic URL.
Or the ugly directory listing at