Re: Joining the Perl Team

Hi Robert

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 10:46:09PM -0500, Robert James Clay wrote:
>    My name is Robert James Clay and I would like to join the Debian Perl
> Group;  my Alioth account is jame-guest.
>
>     I am not yet a DM or DD (but would like to be) but I do have
> experience with Debian packaging, maintaining a small utility in Debian
> and also doing packaging for applications not (or not yet) in Debian,
> but I want to gain more.
>
>     Besides being of whatever help I can be with the existing modules,
> there are several Perl modules that I'd like to see available that are
> not currently in Debian:
>
> - A Perl module that is associated with an application that is already
> in Debian.
> - Some Recommended/Suggested modules (the Required modules are, IIRC,
> already present) for a web application that is not yet in Debian but is
> intended to be.
>
> There are also some modules I plan to package but I'm not sure for
> Debian itself unless as some kind of bundle or other package that
> provides multiple modules in the same name space.  They are on CPAN, but
> who might be interested in them is somewhat limited...

Thanks for your introduction to the group! I Have just added you now
to the theam on alioth. Please see [1] for a further introduction, and
in particular the git guide [2]. There is also the pet page [3]
available.

If you have any questions, please ask either here on the list or in
our IRC channel (#debian-perl on OFTC).

 [1] <http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/Welcome>
 [2] <http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/git.html>
 [3] <http://pet.debian.net/pkg-perl/pet.cgi>