Re: perlapi missing but still a dependency

Sorry, too little sleep, looks like I need only rebuild it proberly instead of stupidly...

On Wed, 25 May 2011, Carlo Segre wrote:

Hello All:

Pardon my ignorance but I have been busy with RL stuff and I am not seeing the solution for this right away. One of my packages has a perl module which has its own package (libifeffit-perl). it has now become uninstallable on sid and wheezy because it depends on perlapi. I tried rebuilding it with an sid chroot using perl 5.12 but it still comes up with this dependency.

Any suggestions for a quick fix on this? The Depends line for this package is

Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${perl:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}
and the source has Build-Depends of

Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 5.0.37.2), binutils, gfortran, gs-common,
libreadline-dev, libncurses5-dev, libpng12-dev, libx11-dev,
pgplot5 (>= 5.2.2-11), latex2html, texlive-base, texlive-latex-base,
python-all-dev (>= 2.5), python-central (>= 0.4.17)

Thanks in advance,

carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Associate Dean for Graduate Admissions, Graduate College