Re: Perl QA Hackathon 2011 in Amsterdam

On Thu, 07 Apr 2011 11:51:49 +0200, Jozef Kutej wrote:

> soon (next weekend) there will be a Perl QA Hackathon 2011 in Amsterdam
> [1] and I'm going to be there willing to do something regarding
> Debian-Perl.

Cool, thanks for this offer!

> Last year in Vienna during the qa hackathin, I've created
> the patchedit script [2], [3]. Thanks to Gregoa for providing the
> specification for it.

Yeah, and I'm using it almost daily.

> Now my question is how to spend those three days the most effectively?
> There was an idea from Gabor to provide "mapping between CPAN modules
> and Debian packages". I can work on that.

I think that would be really great.
We've discussed this several times, there were some starts, but
nothing really came out of it so far ...

> Any other idea? Anything else to help or increase the Quality Assurance
> of Perl in relation to Debian?

My other wishlist items (forward-patch and forward-bug) have already
been fulfilled by Alessandro :)
Of course if you feel like extending them a bit that would also be
nice (there should be some mails on the mailing list, e.g. uploading
patches to CPAN via the REST interface instead of via email).

But the Debian <-> CPAN mapping is probably the most valuable
project.

Another source for ideas is
http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/OpenTasks
I guess most stuff there is packaging related, but maybe you find
something you're interested in. Help with dh-make-perl and PET{,2} is
always needed, for example.

Thanks again!

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    NP: Don McLean: The Carnival Is Ended