Re: Package naming: cpanminus or libapp-cpanminus-perl

Hello,

> in the ITP bug for libapp-cpanminus-perl it was suggested[1] to name the
> package cpanminus instead.  Jonathan suggested that applications from
> the App::* namespace should in general not be named like modules[2].
> I also think it's nicer as cpanminus is not a Perl module, but a (Perl
> related) application.  I would like to know what you think about this.

I saw the discussion on debian-perl, but I hadn't much to say about
and then it got submerged by other mails.

About the rename, it's fine to me, I just followed Perl Policy naming
convention and similar packages already in the archive (e.g.
libapp-nopaste-perl) when creating it.

I am not really concerned by the libapp-*-perl naming scheme (IMHO it makes
easier to "map" CPAN names to Debian names) but I see why you would like to
change it.

Btw there is also libapp-perlbrew-perl (in NEW) that should probably be
renamed as well.

Cheers

--
perl -E'$_=q;$/= @{[@_]};and s;\S+;<inidehG ordnasselA>;eg;say~~reverse'