Re: Packaging SDL_perl 2.5*, and frozen-bubble for Debian Experimental
- To: UPi <email@example.com>
- Cc: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, Guillaume Cottenceau <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Packaging SDL_perl 2.5*, and frozen-bubble for Debian Experimental
- From: Kartik Thakore <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 15:03:29 -0400
- Message-id: <FD5782BA-FBB8-4BDB-8F16-A5F49C2958EC@gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <4C5D9C8F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <AANLkTimPBgjCoz+T+AwVm-hK0hRHiMWWc4WzFFZvfocL@mail.gmail.com> <4C5D9C8F.email@example.com>
If you need any help email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or #sdl
Have a look at the repo. We also have tickets here
Here are the docs for SDLPerl here
On 2010-08-07, at 1:49 PM, UPi <email@example.com> wrote:
I am the author of Pang Zero. I will see if I can release a new
version "soon"; thanks for the heads up. I have another game based
on SDL_perl called Vacuum Magic (http://apocalypse.rulez.org/
vacuum), which is a lot more complex than Pang Zero and uses OpenGL.
I'll try to port that one as well.
Kartik Thakore wrote:
I am the maintainer for SDL_perl (http://search.cpan.org/~kthakore/
<http://search.cpan.org/%7Ekthakore/>) and over the past few months
we have rewritten the SDL_perl API. We have lots of fixes and new
The new APi has more docs, and developers working on it. It is a
massive improvement and needs to be updated on Debian.
In an attempt to release SDL_perl on Debian, we have also ported
frozen-bubble to the new API. (http://github.com/kthakore/frozen-bubble
) , Which is now a beta on the official frozen bubble site (http://www.frozen-bubble.org/downloads/
The only other package in Debian that depends on SDL_perl is
pangzero. We have started to port it too (http://github.com/kthakore/pangzero
). But because the project seems dead upstream (https://sourceforge.net/projects/pangzero/
) I am having a hard time finding space in my schedule for it. We
need help porting this. I will be around to answer any questions
for the folks. Also the #sdl channel has many people who have help
migrate frozen-bubble on there.
Nevertheless this email is an attempt to get the process started to
get SDL_perl 2.5* onto Debian and Ubuntu as we have many games we
want to release with the new API.